Monday, April 12, 2010

IVF Stim Day 11

Is it still called "Stim day 11" if I didn't take any stimulation drugs today?

I triggered promptly at 9:45 last night. I didn't sleep well because I'm very nervous about tomorrow. And I've spent most of today thinking of all the horrible things that could happen.

When I spoke to the nurse today about my progesterone level that was added on to the bloodwork from Sunday due to the decrease in my estrogen level, she said she didn't even know why they ordered that. That the estrogen level always goes down a little when you start the Ganirelix. My progesterone was only 1, which means I have not ovulated.

We're due in the office tomorrow at 8:30. That's about an hour before the retrieval which is my clinic's protocol. I wish I had some prophylactic sedation like Valium or something. I think I'm more nervous about the sedation than the procedure itself.

I had another acupuncture session this evening. She did electroacupuncture on some points along my back which is meant to improve the blood and the blood flow to the reproductive organs. My lining was only 9mm yesterday so I'm hoping that'll improve a little. She did not do the points on the back of my legs this time which she said are more for the egg inside the follicle. It's too late for all that with my retrieval scheduled for in the morning. I was also really bummed to learn that my acupuncturist is headed out of town this Friday which I hope will be the day of my transfer. She was trying to find somebody who could treat me before and after my Friday transfer but then she found out her husband messed up their plane tickets and since she's now leaving later in the day on Friday, she's planning to come in just to treat myself and one other girl who is transferring on Friday. That's why I love her!

If you think about it, send me some good thoughts around 9:30 tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment