Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yoga for Fertility

I had my 4th private yoga lesson tonight. I don't really feel all zen and calm like I'd hoped, but considering the hell stress I've been through over the past few weeks, maybe this is as zen as it gets.

I first read about yoga for fertility in the book Fully Fertile. The book is a 12 week holistic program designed to prepare you for conception and includes everything from diet to exercise. The first part of the book is dedicated to yoga and there are pictures and detailed instructions on how to do the poses which are specifically designed to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs. Since the book also recommends acupuncture, which I'd been wanting to try again (for fertility this time), I made an appointment with an acupuncturist in my area who has a lot of experience treating infertility. When I went for my initial consultation with the acupuncturist, I was thrilled to learn that I could get private yoga lessons right there in the same building. Not only that, they had a copy of the same book, Fully Fertile, on the shelf. I made an appointment with the yoga instructor and told her that I'd like her to show me how to properly do the poses from the book and when I showed up for my first yoga lesson, she'd done her homework and we moved right into positions that would target my reproductive organs and to relaxation poses because, well, I was sort of freaking out on many levels at that point.

If I was rich, I'd have at least one private yoga session and an acupuncture treatment every week. I love the idea of it and I am so in love with the clinic that I never want to leave. It's the most peaceful place I've ever been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment